Spring has sprung, shopping has begun! Every new season I like to create a Fashion Guide - which is a personal edit of my 5 favorite trendy pieces and 5 basic musthaves you need to have in your wardrobe. The Spring season is one of my favorite seasons to shop for, because you can wear almost everything. Think of cosy sweaters paired with a mini skirts or jeans with an oversized white shirt and some cute mules - the options are endless. In order to not go too cray cray the next time you're planning on shopping for your Spring closet, this Spring Fashion Guide - including a shopping checklist! - will help you out with creating your outfits ánd shopping smart.
SPRING FASHION GUIDE VIDEO
Before getting into the blogpost, I highly recommend watching my Spring Fashion Guide video first. In the video, I am showing you all the pieces of my Spring Fashion Guide on, and giving you tips on how to style them. After watching the video, you can find my shopping checklist with all my favorite Spring trends and basics down below. Whenever you're planning a shopping spree, open this blogpost on your phone. You can use it as a shopping checklist or guide, so you can check off every item you were missing in your Spring closet while shopping. This way you won't be spending your coin on items you don't need!
THE SHOPPING CHECKLIST
Let's start off with some trends! The 5 trend pieces that I am going to show you are the perfect edit to add to your current closet. They are a must in order to update your wardrobe for this Spring season. All the trendy pieces I am showing you are still fairly classic, making them super easy to combine with your already existing Spring wardrobe. This way, you don't have to spend a fortune, while still adding many new outfit options to your closet!
- Translucency. The translucent or see-through trend is probably one of the hottest trends Spring season. Although see-through items can sometimes be a bit too revealing, I personally love incorporating it in a more subtle way. Think of semi-translucent blouses or translucent accent sleeves on sweaters. Due to the fact that it is a very feminine trend, I love to pair translucent blouses and sweaters with more basic items, such as a pair of denim or a leather jacket. For this trend, I picked this sweater from French Connection, and a pussybow blouse from French Connection as well. Down below you can find even more options!
- Wrap Bodysuit. I've been totally obsessing over this trend. Wrap silhouettes were trendy previous Summer as well, but this season they are even more popular. I think they look extremely flattering, especially if you are a pear shape like me - it brings the attention to your upper body, and creates the illusion of an hourglass figure. And yeah, you know you really love something, if you buy it in all the colors available, right? I bought a white bodysuit from Zara, and also the same bodysuit from Zara in black. Down below you can find a mini edit of my other favorite wrap bodysuits available right now.
- Floral. Florals for Spring - I know, ground breaking right? All jokes aside, floral is a classic when it comes to the Spring season. I am not very big into prints, but I will always make an exception for a good dose of floral. I personally love wearing floral blouses, because they are so feminine and classy. Pair them with mom jeans and some strappy heels, and you're good to go! I bought this floral bodysuit from Zara, but down below I linked a couple of other alternatives I love.
- Check Skirt. A check (or is it plaid? I never know lol) wrap skirt is probably one of my favorite pieces featured in this Spring Fashion Guide. These skirts are super flattering, especially if you don't have super model legs. Check skirts can be dressed down or up. Wear them with a white button-down or a turtleneck sweater and a pair of strappy heels, or go for something for casual by adding a white or black tee and a pair of ankle boots. I love wearing these skirts on any occassion, if it's just for uni or if I'm going out! The skirt that I have is from H&M, but I also added a couple of other alternatives down below.
- Matching Suit. I never thought I would say this, but this trend makes me want to wear suits willingly! The thought of wearing suits everyday always made me feel pretty miserable, but after seeing how cute matching suits can actually be, my opinion completely changed! I especially love the check or the pastel colored suits. If you are a true #Girlboss, you need at least one of them in your Spring wardrobe! I got this check blazer and matching pants from H&M - such a steal!
I am a big believer of investing in basics over trends. Maybe it does not seem that exciting to spend your coin on a white t-shirt, but I do think it is the way to go. Spending more on better quality pieces enables you to wear them way more, and really get that cost per wear out of your pieces. I highly recommend investing in your basics, but obviously you should stay within your budget too.
- White and Black Tee. A white and a black tee is my all time favorite musthave for in your Spring wardrobe (but to be honest, you can wear them all year round if you want). You can literally wear them with anything: mom jeans, check wrap skirts, denim shorts... Because I wear these tees so often, I decided to bit the bullet and invest in a black and white t-shirt from T by Alexander Wang. Yes, I know what you're thinking - it's just a simple black and a white tee? However, I personally believe that investing in good quality basics will give you more bang for your buck - not only will you have a very good cost per wear, your tee will also last longer.
- Leather Jacket. A girl can never have enough leather jackets. Period. I have so many leather and suede biker jackets in my wardrobe, but that's only because they are such an essential for me! You can add them to any outfit to toughen up your look. For example, I love wearing a leather jacket with a wrap bodysuit, a plaid wrap skirt, and a pair of simple heels. I always feel very good whenever I'm wearing a leather jacket - it's an instant confidence boost. I got my black and white leather jacket from Zara, but I also linked some extra alternatives down below.
- White Shirt. A white shirt is another basic essential for your wardrobe. I personally love the look of wearing a white crisp shirt, with a pair of mom jeans and mules during the Spring time. It's a super simple outfit, but it always look good, whenever, wherever. I got my more structured popeline white shirt from T by Alexander Wang, and my more flowy white shirt from Weekday. Check out the links down below for even more options!
- Mom Jeans. Mom jeans are a real staple in my wardrobe. I wear mom jeans almost everyday - no shame. I just think they look really cool, especially if you pair them with more feminine pieces. I think a pair of mom jeans looks amazing paired with a pussybow blouse, nude heels, and a blush pink bag, but they can also work with a simple white tee, Gucci belt, and a pair of ankle boots. You can literally style them any way you want. My all time favorite mom jeans pair is from Monki. I've recommended it to all my friends, and they all loved them as much as I did!
- Blush Pink Designer Bag. I love adding a bit of blush to my outfits, especially during Spring time. Even though blush pink may seem a bit too colorful to categorize as a basic piece, I believe that this color is popular every Spring season, and can thus be categorized as a basic as well. That is why a blush pink bag is a must for your wardrobe: It adds that subtle pop of color, without going overboard. The bag that I've featured is the Alexander Wang Mini Emile, but I've linked other alternatives down below as well.
I hope you enjoyed this Spring Fashion Guide as much as I loved creating it! I am already excited to start working on Summer edition... Let me know which item I featured was your favorite in the comments down below - I would love to know!
Also, I quickly wanted to tell you that today is my last day of law school in the US. I just handed in my very last paper for this semester, and if I pass all my exams and papers, I will be able to call myself a General LL.M. graduate. If there's one thing I want to say about this, is that I would never have imagined being able to graduate from a well-known American law school, and before I would graduate from my Dutch law school (and possibly, not even going back to graduate at all). The next chapter in my life is me as a full-time entrepreneur, starting my second business - but this time in the US. I will finally have time to focus on my blog, YouTube channel, other social media outlets, and my stationery line without having to also study for my exams. I'm also working on starting a new project, that I am super excited about. I'm not gonna lie: It's super exciting, but it's also very scary. Being your own boss is amazing, but it also comes with a lot of instability, risks, and possible downfalls if it doesn't go well. But I am willing to go for it - I hate being the person that never tried, and would always think "but, what if...". Anyway, for now I am just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for my results. Wish me luck! <3