Good morning guys! First of all, I want to excuse myself for the lack of posting lately. I had a lot on my mind and I needed some time to deal with it. I had to focus on my mindset and gather my strenghts. I’m still figuring things out honestly. I feel like I fell in an Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole and I finally crawling out of it again. Kind of. I have so many things to do – uni, blog, Youtube, planner, social life – wise, I needed a breather. Especially because I’m leaving for NYC & Washington DC real soon and I have to do SO MUCH SHIT before my trip. But now I’m back and I feel like I can take on the world again. And if there’s one way to show your girlboss-ness, it’s with red lips, am I right? Well, a while back I received a whole box full of new NYX products and I fell in love with their lipsticks. I wanted to make this powerful face of the day for you today + do a new NYX products haul, so I hope you enjoy!
NEW NYX PRODUCTS HAUL
Yeah, these were all the products I received from NYX. I’m in heaven right now, haha! I had the time to try out most of the products. I didn’t want to write a whole review on each and every product, so that’s why I’m quickly going to mention my opinion on the products I received here. Especially the bold make-up products blew me away! Hope you like this lil’ collective review :). I’m planning to make a whole seperate review on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and the NYX Highliht & Contour Pro Palette tho, so stay tuned for that as well!
- NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Setting Spray – This has been my favorite setting spray so far! It keeps my combination/oily skin matte the whole day, love it!
- NYX HD Concealer – I’ve been using this concealer everyday now and I freaking love it. It’s really light, even if you’re as pale as me this concealer is perfect for that highlighted under eye look!
- NYX Studio HD Finishing Powder – A very finely milled translucent powder you can use to set your face. I liked it, but it didn’t do anything special to my face or something.
- NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette – This is my first contour palette and omg I’m so in love! I totally understand the contour palette hype now, ’cause this thing is amazing. The color selection is great for my skintone (even the highlighter is light enough!) and the pigmentation is great too. Using this palette became my favorite step in my make-up routine, I think that says enough. 😉
- NYX LI02 Gleam Liquid Illuminator – This illuminator is a bit dark for me, so I used it as a blush and highlighter in one. When I’m tanned it will be really pretty I think!
- NYX 604 Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil
- NYX 625 Sparkle Nude Jumbo Eye Pencil
- NYX PS05 Mermaid Prismatic Shadows
- NYX TJL02 Brown Gel Pencil Liner
- NYX Super Fat Marker Eye Liner
- NYX Lip Primer – This lip primer gives me life. It makes my lips the perfect canvas for any lip product. It nudes them out a bit, adds a matte finish without drying my lips out. Most lip primers make all the lip products you apply over it very shiny, but this one doesn’t. I usually wear matte lip products, so that’s defo a big plus for me!
- NYX Amsterdam Soft Matte Lip Cream – A perfect red lip color. Non-drying, pigmented and it smells nice!
- NYX Sydney Soft Matte Lip Cream
- NYX Stockholm Soft Matte Lip Cream – I’m obsessed with this color! I’ve been wearing this soft matte lip cream a lot recently. It’s the perfect warm brown/peachy lip color and I think it would look good on anybody!
- NYX Shocking Pink Matte Lipstick
- NYX Shy Timide Matte Lipstick
- NYX Pure Red Matte Lipstick
- NYX Stone Fox Liquid Suede
- NYX Sandstorm Liquid Suede
Now I want to show you the face of the day part of this blogpost. I don’t wear red lips that often. I used to dislike them on me, but they are slowly growing on me! I feel like you guys are a big reason for that: I always get the sweetest comments whenever I’m rocking dem red lips, haha. I wanted to keep the rest of my make-up fairly neutral. I added a bit of contour, blush and highlight to my cheeks, put on my go to eyeshadow look (click here if you want to know how I do it) and finished the look off with my beloved falsies.
Time to talk about the products I used for this look. So, if you want to know which products I used to recreate this look yourself, this is the whole list! I’ve used a lot of my new NYX products, combined with some of my old time favorite make-up items.
- NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Setting Spray
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer (here)
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
- NYX HD Concealer
- NYX LI02 Gleam Liquid Illuminator
- NYX Studio HD Finishing Powder
- NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
EYES & LIPS
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Blonde (here)
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Blonde & Chocolate (here)
- MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Mythologie
- MaxFactor False Lash Effect Velvet Volume Mascara
- Ardell False Lashes in Demi Wispies
- NYX Lip Primer
- NYX Amsterdam Soft Matte Lip Cream
Hope you enjoyed this haul and face of the day blogpost in one! I want to thank NYX for sending all these amazing products over to try out. I’ve used them now for quite some time (or at least, most of them) and I definitely found some new holy grails! I would love to know what’s your favorite NYX product or if you want to try out anything (NYX Lingerie Lipsticks!). Let me know in the comments below!
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE NYX PRODUCT?
Amazing photos&products dear ♥
Kristina recently posted…Spring is…
Mooie producten en leuke look heb je gemaakt! Staat je goed die Red Lips!
Suzanne recently posted…35 vragen aan beautyqueen Lisa
Echt een chique look! Staat je prachtig! 😉
Gina recently posted…Esprit styleboards ♥
Thanks Gina! xo
Wat een prachtige look! Die lipproducten van Nyx zijn er geweldig uit.
Yara recently posted…Diy : Inspirational book
Dankjewel Yara! xo
Wauuuuuw meid! Die rode lipstick staat je zo goed. Heel leuke post, bedankt om deze te delen. Ik moet écht eens een NYX bestelling plaatsen, dringend. En wat spannend dat je naar NY et Washington DC gaat, de twee leukste steden van de States! Ben al benieuwd naar wat er nog te wachten staat voor je blog!
XO IMKE | Pastellics
Imke recently posted…Asos Trend Report: Metallic
Aw super lief <3 Ik vond het zelf erg leuke steden idd! xo
Ah die lipkleur staat je zo goed! Leuk! X
Neeltje | Thoughts in Style recently posted…A Perfect White Minimalistic Room | Interior Inspiration
Oh my, al die prachtige producten, echt geweldig! Staat je ook weer zo mooi!
Mariska recently posted…Benefit The POREfessional | review
Wauw! Wat een mooie kleur lipstick!
Dionne recently posted…Je gaat op vakantie en je werkgever gaat failliet, wat dan?
Prachtige look! Zelf zou ik de Lingerie Lipsticks heel graag willen proberen.
Romy | Styled by Romy recently posted…GIFT-GUIDE: Mother’s day
Me too! xo
Mooie look! 🙂 die setting spray heb ik ook, zo fijn!
MaluSwartjes.com | The online destination for fashion inspiration, beauty tutorials and lifestyle tips & tricks.
Amazing FOTD, red lips look so good on you! And I’m so jealous that you’re going to NYC! xx
Sherilynn recently posted…Hotspots in Rotterdam #1
Wauw wat een mooie look met de rode lipstick. Staat je mooi!
Marloes recently posted…In the Picture #101
Wauw, wat een mooie producten zeg en je look is weer top!
Lindsey Beljaars recently posted…NYX HD Concealer 01 Porcelain
Dat rood staat je supermooi! Ik vind je nieuwe header trouwens ook prachtig, doe je altijd zoooo goed!
I absolutely love those outfits. I stumbled on ur vlog today and it really inspired me. Your study routine and a day in your life. My study routine was constant and quite admirable back in first year, but now, I think I’ve just drifted from the discipline I once had.
Omg, if I keep writing I may end up making a whole blog post here. Anyway, thanks Lilia!!