It’s been a while since I’ve done a Face Of The Day blogpost on Lily Like. It was definitely time to show you one of my favorite make-up routines I’ve been doing every morning recently. I call this my Rosy Nudes look, because this look is fairly neutral (neutral – not natural, know the difference guys!) and the nudes that I have on my face have a pinkish undertone. I’ve discovered quite some new products the last couple of months and I can’t wait to share them all with you in this post. Reviewing each and every item would be too much, so that’s why I’ve written down a mini review for every single beauty item used. You’re welcome. 😉
face of the day
Eyes & lips
So yeah, as I already explained, this look definitely shows a different side to me. I love dramatic make-up, but I do feel like softer make-up looks better with my light hair & complexion. I went for a very easy eye look: I just dusted some pretty light pink glittery eyeshadow all over the lid and added some highlighter to my browbone and inner tearduct. A dramatic wing, loads of mascara and some lashes finished of this look. Rosy nude with a bit of oompf to it, that’s how I like to call this! I also wore my favourite new nude lippie and paired it with nude nails – I love matching my lips and nails!
And this is the full face! Way softer than usual, but I like it! I kept my skin fresh and glowy as well, by sculpting it slightly, adding a rosy blush and some cool toned highlighter as a finishing touch.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer – Best primer for oily skin that I’ve ever tried. You need this in your life!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation – This is the foundation I’m using at the moment. I love the colour match, the texture and the finish of this foundation. It looks very natural and has a semi-dewy finish.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – My number 1 product next to the primer for my face base. Can’t live without this thing!
- MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer – I like to use this concealer for my under eyes. It has a very thin, liquidy texture, so it doesn’t settle into your lines as much. And the coverage is also awesome!
- Make-Up Studio Banana Powder – The best thing to use if you want to set your under eye concealer for the whole day. My concealer literally never settles into my fine lines anymore!
- MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – A very finely milled facepowder that combats my oily skin during the day.
- & Other Stories Face Contour Cream – My go to contour product. I love cream contours, because they look a bit more natural on the skin.
- MAC Cosmetics Blush in Harmony – A muted, cool toned brown that I use to set my cream contour. It’s actually a blush, but shhh don’t tell!
- MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade – One of my favourite highlighters ever. It has a blue-pinkish undertone and it’s light enough for my fair skintone to actually show up.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 120 Pink Rose – Rosy blush with a tiny hint of golden sheen to it. Looks really nice on all the pale skinned ladies like moi.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Makes my eyeshadow stay all day. Always.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – Probably my favourite brow product ever. It’s super easy to use and failproof.
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade – For that super fleekish brow look, definitely try this out.
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel – Adds a hit of colour to my brows and keeps them in place the whole day.
- Inglot Eye Shadow in 395 – The best eye shadow highlighter I’ve ever tried. I always go back to this!
- Rimmel Magnif’Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in 005 Superstar Sparkle – Well this eyeshadow definitely does its name justice, ’cause it’s super shimmery!
- Catrice Made To Stay Inside Eye Highlighter Pen – A nudy inner eye pencil that I use to line my waterline. It opens up my eyes even more.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Jumbo Liquid Eye Liner – Super fat eyeliner that’s perfect for dramatic wings.
- Rimmel Super Curler Mascara – This is the newest mascara Rimmel released and it’s actually really good! My lashes are curled naturally, but this mascara lifts them even more, while still keeping it natural.
- Ardell False Lashes in Demi Wispies – I need to finish of every single look with some falsies. I just can’t live without them!
lips & nails
- Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipbalm in 01 Clear – Really nice lipbalm to put on before you apply any lipstick!
- MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare – For me, this is the perfect your-lips-but-better colour. Love to wear this whenever I’m going for a natural look.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 43 Tan Nude – My new favourite nude lipstick. It looks amazing with the lipliner, but it’s pigmented enough to wear it on its own. This has been my go to lipstick for days I’m in a hurry!
- Rimmel Salon Pro By Kate Nail Polish in 126 Bare Yourself – A super opaque, peachy nude nail polish that looks really good with the Rimmel lipstick!
When I made this look, I actually just bought these two items. When I saw how perfectly they looked together, especially with this make-up look, I had to throw in a lil’ outfit idea as well. Hope you like it! I think it’s really fun to match your make-up to your outfit. In this case, rosy nudes all over!
- River Island lace-up top – Totally obsessing over this top. Or lace-up in general, haha.
- Missguided wrap skirt – One of the most flattering skirts for my bodyshape. Can’t wait to wear this baby in the Spring!
- New Look rosy nude heels – How perfect do these heels match with this outfit right?!
- Michael Kors & The Peach Box armcandy – Of course I had to finish it off with some rose gold armcandy, you know me.
Although most people tend to lean towards darker colours in the Fall, I like to switch it up and go to lighter side too sometimes. Especially with my blonde hair and pale skintone, dark colours can look a bit too dramatic for the daytime. And if we’re talking about nudes, rosy nudes are definitely my favourite ones! By the way, at the moment I’m in the middle of my second exam, Public International Law. Wish me luck guys!
SO WHAT DO YOU PREFER? NATURAL ROSY NUDES OR THE BLACKER THE BETTER?