I’m feeling so sick at the moment. So fucking annoying, because I want to do so much stuff, but my body doesn’t. I had a lot of fun stuff planned this weekend, but I had to cancel everything… I really hate that. Luckily I have a lot of nice things planned next weekend as well. I know I just posted a face of the day a couple of days back, but I already have a new one for you! This time it’s going to be a not-so-everyday-look. I almost never wear smokey eyes, because I think it’s really hard to make a good one + I usually don’t really like how they make my eyes look. But sometimes I like to switch things up a bit you know. So that’s why I have a really smoked make up look for you today. I wore this make up look when I went out for dinner by the way. If you want to see all the ins and outs of this look, keep reading!
I especially wanted to make this look to show you how easily you can make a smokey look with a palette like Urban Decay Naked Basics. I used a fleshtoned colour W.O.S. on my whole eye lid. Then I added a bit of this cool brown colour called Faint. After that I started with the scary black colour Crave. The trick is to keep blending and blending! Lastly, I popped some highlighter Venus in my tearduct area and underneath my browbone. I topped it off with a winged eyeliner and some mascara.
Now onto the lippy stuff. I wanted to go for a really nudy lipcolour, because I wanted to balance out the dark eyes I was rocking. So I just used a nude lipliner on my lips and that’s it!
I always use blush, but for this look I decided to skip it. I wanted the full attention to my eyes, so I thought it would be a bit too much if I added blush and highlighter. In stead, I used bronzer to contour my face. I don’t have prominent cheekbones at all, so it’s really hard for me to contour, but I do think that I’m still kinda good at it, lol. I have a lot of tips and tricks for you about this topic, maybe I’m going to make a contour video or blogpost for girls without any visible cheekbones if you’d like? Would you be interested in that?
A kiss for my lovely readers ;).
The make up product that I used for this smoked look were:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- MAC Blush in Harmony
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde
- Catrice Prime And Fine Translucent Loose Powder
- Catrice Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base
- MaxFactor False Lash Effect mascara
- Catrice All Round Waterproof mascara
- Catrice Lash/Brow Designer Gel
- NYC Waterproof eyeliner pencil colour 931 Black
- MAC Naked lipliner
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Ash Blonde (I only use the spooly ’cause it’s empty)
- L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim eyeliner
- L’Oreal Lumi Magique concealer in Light
- Maybelline SuperStay 24H concealer in 2 Light (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it, stupid me!)
I know I keep saying this all the time, but it seems like so much stuff if you see it all together. I do think eyeshadow wise, you wouldn’t expected it to be only one palette right? For a night time look I think I didn’t use that much make up. But still, I put every single product that you see on my face, which costs so much time and effort! Ooh well, luckily I love spending time on doing my make up haha!
I also used some brushes and other tools to apply all the make up products (sorry by the way for the dirty brushes, I really need to clean them):
- Fake beautyblender/egg sponge from Sephora (to apply concealer)
- MAC 187 duo fibre brush (to apply my powder)
- MAC 168 large angled contour brush (to apply bronzer)
- MAC 266 small angle brush (to do my brows)
- Dual Eyeshadow brush from Urban Decay (came with Naked 3 palette and I used it for my eyeshadow)
- NARS 15 smudge brush (I use this brush to smudge eyeshadow on my bottom lashline)
- MAC 224 tapered blending brush (for highlighter)
That’s it for this fotd! Sorry that I posted this blogpost so late today, but I’ve been feeling really under the weather. I slept almost the whole day and now I’m going to try to get out of my bed, get some food and start studying. Yeah, you could say that my life sucks at the moment. Damn you law school, you never stop. Anyways have a good weekend guys, I hope it’s better than mine haha.