Why does something that’s called ‘homework’ always makes you not wanna do it? Even if you actually enjoy doing it? This is a thought that’s been on my mind lately. ‘Cause for some reason I just can’t get myself to do my homework in a die hard way as I used to do, even though I like doing it. I think I really need to work on my mindset, because I need to start concentrating more on this shit. I need to look at homework as something I enjoy, not a time consuming chore. I know, a lot of people think like that about their (home)work, but as I said before, I literally enjoy reading and studying about law. But why in the world can’t I get myself to it then???
Anyways, today I have a face of the day for you guys! Does this make up look look familiar to you? Well, this is how I looked like when I took these outfit photos in Marmaris! Definitely missing Summer when I’m seeing these pics, haha.
By the way, I love the way this turqoise ring matches with my eyeshadow. It kinda makes my eyes look turqoise-y, haha. Matchy matchy swag! Ooh and we can’t forget about my white gelnails, right? They make me look way more tanned and accentuate all of the gold and turqoise in this look.
I went for a really colourful eye. For some people this wouldn’t look colourful at all, but trust me, I’m a girl that only wears neutrals & naturals, so this is a biggie for me. I used the colour Shimmermoss from MAC to line the bottom of my eyes. I feel like this really makes my eyes look bigger and bluer (bluer? Is that a word). I also think the combination of the gold and the turqoise eyeshadow is the perfect combination for Summer.
For the lids I used the colour Trick, a warm golden colour. In the crease I used the colour Liar, a pinkish brown. To make the make up look a bit darker, I used the colour Factory, a dark warm brown, in my outer v. For highlighter, I used the colour Venus, a yellowy white colour. I finished my eyeshadow off with some winged eyeliner and loads of mascara, of course. All the eyeshadows are from Urban Decay Naked 3 or Naked Basics palette by the way (except for the blue colour).
On my lips I’m wearing a nude lipliner combined with a nude-y, peachy colour. I think it’s the perfect lip to go with the eyeshadow, because it’s nude, but still a warm colour, which matches with the gold of the eyeshadow.
For cheeks I used some bronzer to contour my cheekbones slightly, a shimmery (not really shimmery, more like ‘sheeny’) peachy blush to go with the lipstick I’m wearing and some warm toned, shimmery highlighter.
Now onto all the products and brushes that I used for this look! First I’m going to talk about all of the tools that I used:
- MAC 187 duo fibre brush
- MAC 168 large angled contour brush
- Fan brush from Hema
- Dual Eyeshadow brush from Urban Decay (came with Naked 3 palette)
- MAC 217 blending brush
- NARS 15 smudge brush
- MAC 224 tapered blending brush
- MAC 266 small angle brush
- Benefit CORALista blush
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
- MAC Eyeshadow in Shimmermoss (the turqoise one)
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
- Catrice Prime And Fine Translucent Loose Powder
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde
- Catrice Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- L’Oreal Lumi Magique concealer in Light
- MAC Naked lipliner
- Fake beautyblender/egg sponge from Sephora
- Catrice Lash/Brow Designer Gel
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Ash Blonde (I only use the spooly ’cause it’s empty)
- MAC Blush in Harmony
- MAC Pure Zen lipstick
- L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim eyeline
- MaxFactor False Lash Effect mascara
- Catrice All Round Waterproof mascara
- Maybelline SuperStay 24H concealer in 2 Light (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it, stupid me!)
This is the end of this blogpost! I hope you got some inspiration/motivation out of this face of the day to use some colour in your daily eye make up (despite the fact we’re already getting in the Fall weather). I think it’s fun to experiment with colour from time to time, especially if you wear a lot of black and white outfits (like me, duh). Make up really can give your outfit that pop of colour that it sometimes needs. So yeah, I don’t have anything interesting to say anymore, so I’ll talk to ya later!