Who doesn't love a good shopping spree for your closet? However, it can be quite challenging to find pieces that are not only trendy, but also mix well with the other pieces in your already existing wardrobe. That is why in this Winter Fashion Guide, I'm going to share with you all my favorite trends, but also my musthave basics for the this season. This way, you will have an up-to-date closet, filled with enough classics to use as staple building pieces in your outfits. You can expect enough transitional, but also warm items, because I've been freezing my butt off the last couple of weeks in Washington DC!
WINTER FASHION GUIDE VIDEO
Definitely check out my Winter Fashion Guide video! I hope it helps you organizing your wardrobe for the new season. Down below you will find my shopping checklist with all my favorite Winter trends and Winter basics you will need in your closet this season. Whenever you're going on a shopping spree, just open this blogpost on your phone, and check off every item you were missing in your Winter closet. This way you won't be spending your money on items you don't need. Your wallet will thank me later! 😉
THE SHOPPING CHECKLIST
I'm going to discuss five of my favorite Winter trends for your closet. These are the pieces you want to have in your wardrobe to update the pieces you already have, and combine them in a new and trendy way. This way, you will not break the bank, while still creating many new outfit options!
- Plaid Coat. My first trendy essential for Winter you need to have in your wardrobe is a plaid coat. The plaid print has exploded this Fall and Winter, and I don't think you can find any Instagrammer or Blogger without at least one plaid blazer in their wardrobe. Although I love the plaid blazer (I already own 2 of them!), they can be a bit unpractical in the Winter time. That is why a plaid coat is the perfect item for your Winter wardrobe. Plaid is a print that is fairly neutral and easy to style, so even if you have more of a classic and minimal style like me, it will still look good with your other items. I got this coat from the Zara sale, but you can find a similar coat here (and you can shop even more options down below).
- Lace Dress. A lace dress is another trend that I've been seeing a lot this season. It's the perfect Winter-to-Spring transitional piece, because you can wear it either with over the knee boots and trench, or with some sandalettes and a cute leather jacket. I prefer shift lace dresses, because they make them more appropriate for everyday. I have two versions of this dress, a cheaper alternative from Zara, and a more investment piece from Self-Portrait (shop mine here and other options down below) - one of my favorite dress designer brands ever.
- Velvet Blazer. If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with anything that is dusty pink and velvet. So a dusty pink velvet blazer is right up my alley! This piece will instantly make you feel like a Girlboss or Miss Independent. I like to wear it in a more casual way, by pairing it with a white turtleneck, a good pair of mom jeans, and some ankle boots. I got my blazer from Topshop, but unfortunately it's already sold out. That is why I linked some very similar options down below!
- Baker Boy Hat. This is one of the most on trend accessories at the moment. I feel like every Instagrammer of fashion blogger has one of these. At first, I wasn't a big fan, but after finally trying one out, I can safely say that I'm a baker boy hat lover too! They are the perfect way to make any outfit look effortlessly chic, while also keeping your head warm. You can find my baker boy hat from Topshop here, but I also linked a couple other options down below.
- Sock Boots. Not only are they super comfy, they are also very flattering. Sock boots are the most on trend footwear this season. Although it's a bit too cold to wear sock boots with bare legs and dresses, they also look very good with tights or with leather leggings. I got my pair from Zara, but there are many other options available right now on the high street as well.
When it comes to basics in this Winter Fashion Guide, I definitely believe it's worth it to invest in some good quality. You will wear these pieces over and over, every cold season again. However, this doesn't mean you have to break your bank. I found some great basic pieces on the high street and on the designer side.
- White Turtleneck. A white turtleneck will never go out of style. That is why I highly recommend adding one (okay, at least one - currently I have like 3 of them!) to your Winter wardrobe. Not gonna lie, I usually wear them at least multiple times a week, because they are so easy to style, yet stylish at the same time. If it's in your budget, I would suggest opting for a cashmere white turtleneck - they will keep you so warm during this cold season! You can shop my exact cashmere turtleneck from Uniqlo here, and my cheaper alternative from River Island here, but I also linked other alternatives down below.
- Oversized Turtleneck Sweater. Another Winter essential that will stay in your wardrobe forever is an oversized turtleneck sweater. I know, I love the turtlenecks, but they are just so cozy and comfy during the colder days! Wearing a sweater like this makes you feel like you're wearing a blanket, however, you still look stylish af. I love this burgundy one from Zara, because it really reminds me of the more expensive Acne Studios version. Down below I linked some other alternatives as well.
- Statement Designer Bag. No outfit is complete without a cute bag in my opinion. A designer bag just adds that extra bit of glam to any look. Even if you're wearing all things high street, styling it with a nice designer cross body bag makes you look way more put together and luxe. For this season, I went for the Alexander Wang Marion bag. I think it's such a versatile and beautiful bag - definitely a must in your Winter wardrobe! Down below you can find my version of the Alexander Wang Marion Bag, but also a couple alternative colorways.
- Woolen Scarf. Another timeless essential for Winter is a woolen scarf. A scarf is a perfect layering piece, and I literally can't go out the door during those cold days without wearing one. I highly recommend investing in a woolen scarf, because they will keep you so much warmer! I own three Acne Studios scarfs (check out my reviews about my Light Grey Melange and Grey Pink Melange) You can shop my Acne Studios Canada Scarf in Black here, and I also linked other options down below.
- Black Ankle Boots. Black ankle boots have a special place in my heart - uhhh wardrobe. They are my go to pair of shoes in the Winter, and I honestly cannot live without them. They look good with anything: Jeans, skirts, oversized sweaters, you name it. Black ankle booties are a classic and a must have for your wardrobe. I recommend going for a simple silhoutte, with no crazy embellishments, to make them even more easy to style. You can find my exact same pair from Nine West here, but I also shared a couple other pairs down below!
That is the end of this season's Fashion Guide! I hope it inspired you for your own Winter wardrobe. I personally love creating these Fashion Guide posts, so I can't wait to do one for the new Spring season as well. Let me know which trendy or basic item was your favorite in the comments down below, because I would love to know! Have a great day, and I will talk to you later.
WHICH WINTER ITEM DO YOU STILL NEED TO ADD TO YOUR WARDROBE?