I’ve always thought of my blog as my personal online diary. For me, it still feels like the things that I write here are only read by a couple of strangers somewhere in the world – but that’s it. Lately I’ve been realizing that a lot of people that I know, or only kinda know, are reading my blog on a daily basis too. And although this made me feel a bit weird at some point – people coming up to me and knowing all sorts of things about me, despite the fact I’ve never talked to them before – I still want to keep this blog as personal as can be. My blog will always be my own little cyber space and even if millions of people are going to read it, I’m still going to do me (not that I think that something like that will ever happen, but hey, a girl can dream!) Anyways, I thought it would be nice to share some real personal info with you guys. These are 10 things I’ve never shared about me before!
1. I have favourite words. I can really enjoy it when me or someone else uses uncommon, archaic words in a normal conversation. For example, I love the words ‘apocalyps’, ‘atrabilious’ and ‘paradox’.
2. Speaking of a paradox: if somebody would ask me to describe myself in one word, I would without a doubt say paradox. I feel like my whole life is paradoxal and my biggest struggle in life is trying to make clashing things work together. I’ve always liked being on opposite sides at the same time.
3. I own way too many pairs of black booties (1o…).
4. I’m not a religious person, but I am very spiritual. I’m especially interested in Buddhism.
5. I really want to get a pug and a cat. They both have to be best friends, black and very fat. I’m probably going to call the something like Lucifer and Satan, LOL. Okay I have very weird humor, I know haha.
6. The decisions I make are usually 50% based on my thoughts/mind and 50% on my intuition.
7. I’m a sucker for horoscopes. I check my horoscope everyday and more often than not it’s right about everything too!
8. I’m actually not half Dutch, half Russian, but a mix of Russian, Polish, Belarus and Portuguese.
9. I hate cooking, especially for other people. I always get very nervous, because I’m worried people won’t like it.
10. I feel like a lot of people have a wrong image of me. I make a very different first impression than how I really am. After people get to know me, I often hear that they had to change their first opinion about me completely!
I hope you enjoyed reading a blogpost that’s a bit more personal. I hope you’re having a good day and I will talk to you later!
What’s a random fact about you that you usually don’t share with people?