In one of my recent posts I shared what I eat in a day in quarantine. Since so many of you loved it, I decided to make another one, featuring some new breakfast, lunch & dinner ideas that are all easy to make, healthy & vegetarian/vegan! Since LA is still under strict quarantine, home-cooked meals have been my go-to the past 2 months. It has made me feel more inspired to eat healthy and try out new dishes! So if you're curious about what I've been making and you need some inspiration for new recipes, definitely keep reading this blog post. You don't want to miss out on my healthy smoothie, wholesome banana bread & zucchini noodles with homemade pesto...
1 cup / 100 g of spinach
1 cup / 100 g of raspberries
1 cup / 100 g of blueberries
1 tablespoon / 5 g of chia seeds
10 g of matcha/spirulina/wheatgrass powder
2 cup / 500 ml of coconut milk
1 tablespoon / 5 gram of coconut flakes
1. Wash the spinach, raspberries, blueberries, and add it together with the chia seeds, powder, and coconut milk to the blender.
2. Mix until smooth, and pour it into your smoothie glass of choice.
3. Top it off with coconut flakes and enjoy!
TIPS & NOTES
- I love this smoothie, because it’s healthy but still yummy. Feel free to play around with different fruit and vegan milk to find your perfect combination!
- If you want to sweeten up this smoothie a bit, add some honey or agave syrup.
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
4 very ripe bananas
1 cup / 100 g of almond flour
1/2 cup / 50 g of oats
1/2 cup / 50 g of melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon / 5 g of vanilla extract
1 cup / 100 g of halved walnuts
1/2 cup / 50 g of almond butter
1 tablespoon / 10 ml of oat milk
1 tablespoon / 10 ml of honey
1 tablespoon / 5 g of cinnamon
1 tablespoon / 5 g of baking soda
1/2 cup / 50 g of dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon / 5 g of salt
50 g of sliced almonds
50 g of shredded coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C degrees.
2. In a large-sized mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork until fairly smooth.
3. Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla, extract, egg, honey, oat milk, and almond butter to the mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
4. In a medium-sized mixing separate bowl, add all dry ingredients - the almond flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, halved walnuts and dark chocolate chips.
5. After mixing the dry ingredients, slowly add them to the wet ingredients mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
6. Line your baking form with parchment paper and add the mixture. Top it off with one sliced banana, coconut flakes, dark chocolate chips & sliced almonds.
7. Place mixture in the oven and let bake for 60 minutes.
8. Remove from tin and let it cool down for 30 minutes.
TIPS & NOTES
- To make the recipe vegan, replace the egg for a cup of soaked chia seeds.
- If you want the banana bread to be sweeter, add honey, agave syrup, or dates.
ZUCCHINI PESTO PASTA
2 cups / 4 small zucchinis or zucchini spirals
1 cup / 100 g of basil
1/2 cup / 50 g of arugula
2/3 cup / 75 g of parmesan cheese
1 / 3 cup / 50 ml of extra virgin oil
2 - 3 cloves of garlic
1 / 2 cup / 50 g of pine nuts
1 cup of peas
Salt and lemon pepper to taste
1. Add the basil, arugula, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and salt and lemon pepper to a kitchen
processor. Mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
2 Add a tablespoon of olive oil and the spiralized zucchini noodles to a skillet on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, add the peas to the skillet.
4. Turn off the heat and add the pesto to the skillet with zucchini spirals for 1 minute. Mix it through and add a splash of water to thin out the pesto and create a thinner consistency.
5. Serve with some parmesan cheese, pesto, and pine nuts.
TIPS & NOTES
- To make this recipe vegan, replace the parmesan cheese for vegan mozzarella cheese.
- You can add pistachio nuts, kale or spinach as well. Feel free to experiment with your pesto sauce!
You can also watch this what I eat in a day video if you want to see me making the recipes live in action! I hope you enjoyed another what I eat in day post with my go-to healthy and easy vegetarian / vegan recipes! The breakfast smoothie is super easy whenever you're lazy and/or not that hungry in the mornings. The banana bread is my ultimate recipe for banana bread - I've tried a few different ones and this one gave me the best and healthiest banana bread so far. And the zucchini spirals with pesto are just to die for! Definitely a must-try. If you would like to continue making more of these, let me know in the comments down below!
You can download the printable What I Eat In A Day As A Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook PDF!
WHICH RECIPE WAS YOUR FAVORITE?