Now that Winter ánd the new year is here, it's the perfect timing to clean out our wardrobes and only keep pieces we actually love. That can be pretty challenging. However, challenge is good: this is the ideal moment to truly figure out what your personal style actually is. And I'm here to help you out! In this Winter Fashion Guide I'm going to share with you all my favorite trends, but also my musthave basics for the new season. This way you have an up-to-date closet, while not neglecting the essential basics as well. Hope you enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed my Winter Fashion Guide video. Feeling in the mood to do some shopping now? Well, I got you girl! You don't have to memorize this whole video: instead, I made a shopping list for you with all the trends, basics and accessories I've mentioned in this video down below, with some shopping links as well. Just open this blogpost on your phone when you're going shopping and you have your personal shopping list with you!
- Leopard Faux Fur Coat. Probably one of the trendiest coats at the moment. I've seen literally every fashion blogger with a coat like this and I totally understand why: they're cool, keep you warm during the cold days and look great if styled correctly. Mine is from H&M (here) and I like to wear it with a black or white turtleneck, some blue denim and a cute ankle boot.
- Sweater Dress. I love sweater dresses. They're really easy to style, but look extremely fashion forward if you ask me. I pair them with some over the knee boots and that's it! I have a beige one from Zara (here) and a black mohair one from H&M.
- Shearling Jacket. Another extremely trendy coat at the moment is the shearling jacket. Although I can't afford the amazing Acne Studios ones, I do have two very pretty options from Forever 21 in beige and Zara in black (here). I like to wear the beige one in a more casual way with a white turtleneck, a pair of blue mom jeans and loafers/ankle boots. When it comes to the black one, I like to style it an all black way, with a pair of leather leggings and a black, sleek turtleneck!
- Silver Plissé Skirt. Another super trendy piece at the moment. Although it's a bit of a love-hate item (and definitely not appreciated by guys as well), I think it's a great piece to have in your wardrobe. Fashion should be fun right! I would pair this skirt with an oversized turtleneck sweater and some black ankle boots. You can find mine at Pull & Bear (here, it's on sale too!), but I've seen these skirts literally everywhere!
- Suede Jacket. Suede is a very trendy material at the moment. I especially love suede jackets, because they are just a bit different (yet just as timeless) as the black leather jacket. I got mine at Zara (here). I really recommend their biker jackets: they're always made from great quality materials, have a great fit and they look very expensive as well!
CAPSULE WARDROBE BASICS
- White Turtleneck. Just like a white tee in the Summer, a white turtleneck is essential for your capsule wardrobe during the Winter. You can literally pair it with anything. Mine is from River Island and I got it through Nelly.
- Black Turtleneck. Same as the white version: a black turtleneck is also an essential basic for your wardrobe. I love wearing all black errthang looks during the Winter, so a black, sleek turtleneck is a must. This ribbed one is from Brandy Melville.
- Leather Leggings. I love leather bottoms. They are super comfy, warm and just a bit more interesting than your average black skinnies. I got mine at Zara (here) and I really recommend them! I style them with a big oversized sweater or a black blazer for a more chic look.
- Vest. I don't understand why nobody really talks about vests. In my opinion, they are such great pieces for your closet! They elevate your look in an instant + they keep you nice and warm too. I usually go for a leather vest, but I love this suede/faux fur lined vest from Zara I got during the sale there. Honestly a must have, especially for all your all black outfits.
- Black Blazer. Last, but not least is a blazer. I love layering, but I hate adding cardigans to my outfits. That's why I'm always looking for different ways to add a bit more warmth to my look. A well fitted, longline blazer is perfect for that. I got this one on sale at Mango during the Summer, but I've been wearing it loads now during the Winter!
- Scarf. Previous year I bit the bullet and got the amazing Acne Studios Canada grey scarf (here). It is one of the best buys I've ever made, that's for sure. It's super soft (totally not itchy, despite the fact it's 100% wool) and it looks good with any coat that I own. Such a musthave if you ask me!
- Grey Beanie. This one is from Zara (here). I love this one in particular, because it's very big and thick. It gives that cool, edgy vibe to any of my outfits and I love wearing it with a band tee, some ripped jeans and a shearling jacket.
I hope you found this Winter Fashion Guide helpful. I definitely spend a lot of time on this series - that's how much I love it! Let me know in the comments below what your favorite trend and/or basic item is this Winter. Have a great day, and I will talk to you later!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TREND AND/OR BASIC ITEM THIS SEASON?